Friday, February 26, 2010

YAY!!! My New Mold Arrived

So I finally, and I do mean finally got my very first wooden log mold to work with. Yes, it shames me to say that I had been working with cheap plastic molds not even meant for soap making this whole time. Every site I went to always the molds cost too much for me. They were always like $50 and up and I couldn't afford that. So I was using anything I could find that would hold a hot batch of soap. Eventually the last plastic mold I had warped on me, and I had been having to cut the sides of my soap just to make them presentable. Needless to say I was losing product like that. The more warped it was the more I had to cut off. So I got fed up with it when I found myself with an extra bit of money in my pocket. I found a site that had wooden molds on the cheap and they arrived today. I got one for me and one for my sister Kamali. So now we both have a reputable mold that should last us quite some time.

No comments: