Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going Over the Preservative Issue Again

I was re-reading what I wrote regarding the preservative issue. I would like to clarify a few things.
The first is that these are my personal viewpoints. This is one of the rare occasions that my personal view does not reflect what I actually do with my products. From a business standpoint I am all about safety being part and parcel of what a good product means to me. So even though I have my own personal views on preservatives and all that, I do include a preservative system in the products that need them. Like I said before, this is one of those rare occasions that my personal view doesn't play into what I do with my products. I would always rather err on the side of caution than cause anyone any potential harm by being bull-headed.

The second thing is that I don't feel that preservatives are a bad thing at all. Many products need preservatives (I'm thinking particularly food here) and I wouldn't purchase without them. With that said, I do feel sometimes that those who create bath and body products engage, probably unknowingly in scare mongering. What I mean is they will often unnecessarily frighten consumers about the dangers of this and that, when in reality the dangers are there but sometimes over-exaggerated. True indeed that if produced improperly bath and body products can be very dangerous, which is why the utmost care, concern, and execution of recipes and formulas are absolutely in order. No way would I support nor encourage others to support a bath and body seller with inferior knowledge and even poorer execution of it. These people who haven't the slightest idea just how imperative understanding of the craft and proper manufacturing is are a danger to those who would buy from them. Fortunately I do not know anyone who fits this category, but I know they exist.

So I hope I made clear my feelings regarding this issue, so that those reading this won't get the wrong impression about me or my products. I absolutely care a great deal about the quality of my goods in all aspects. Not only if it's cute and smells nice, but does it work and is it safe for consumer use is one of many chief concerns for me.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: